If you have joined or led a group at ENCOUNTER, you have likely met and interacted with Lori Borrajo. She is the administrative assistant to many of the leaders in the church, recently employing her vast range of skills and expert organization for Daniel, our Lead Pastor, Bill, Community Life Pastor, and Clare, Director of Care and Women’s Small Groups. She and her husband, Carlos, have two grown children, Jason and Danielle, as well as a son-in-law, Andrew. They are also pet parents to a cat named C.A.T. and a dog named P.U.P.
1. What’s your ideal day off look like?
This is very hard, I have a few:
– A day at Disneyland with my family
– A day at Ojai Valley Inn with my husband
– A day at home in my pajamas, baking & decorating sugar cookies & sitting in the sauna all by myself
2. What is one book that has impacted you personally this past year?
Traveling Light by Max Lucado
3. How would you describe your personality?
I’m a big time introvert who really opens up during fun & play!
4. What is one Scripture passage that feels very personal to you?
Proverbs 3:5-6 has always has been my favorite: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
5. What is your favorite dessert?
Cake, cupcakes, pastries, cookies, chocolate! I am a huge dessert fan!!
6. Do you have a secret skill or talent?
I can make some amazing decorated sugar cookies — I just discovered this talent one year ago!
7. What’s one thing in particular you’re looking forward to in the next few months at ENCOUNTER?
The amazing people I am blessed to work with always makes working here wonderful!